Hospital Bag Checklist: What Dad should Pack in a Hospital Bag
Congratulations on becoming a dad! This is an exciting time in your life, and you're probably feeling a mix of emotions. You're probably also feeling a little bit overwhelmed, especially when it comes to packing your hospital bag.
Don't worry, you're not alone. Packing for the hospital can be a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. In this post, I'll walk you through everything a dad needs to pack in a hospital bag, from clothes to toiletries to entertainment. I'll also give you some tips from other dads who have been there before.
Here are a few packing tips to help you stay organized:
- Start packing early: Don't wait until the last minute to pack your hospital bag. Start packing a few weeks before your due date so you have plenty of time to get everything together.
- Label everything: Label everything in your hospital bag so you can easily find what you need. This is especially important if you're packing for multiple people.
- Pack light: You don't need to pack everything you own. Just pack the essentials and leave the rest at home.
- Check your bag the night before: This will give you peace of mind knowing that everything is ready to go.
What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag
Here's a list of the essential items you'll need to pack in your hospital bag:
- Clothes for yourself: You'll never know, so pack a few changes of comfortable clothes.
- A Dad Diaper Bag: Active Doodie Dad Diaper Bags are the best of course.
- Toiletries: Pack your basic toiletries, including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and shaving cream.
- Snacks and drinks: You'll probably be hungry and thirsty, so pack some snacks and drinks. Avoid sugary drinks, as they can dehydrate you.
- Phone charger: You'll want to be able to stay connected, so pack your phone charger and a portable charger.
- Entertainment: Pack something to keep yourself entertained, such as a book, magazine, or Sudoku book. You may also want to pack a deck of cards or a game.
- Laptop or tablet: If you have a laptop or tablet, pack it so you can stay up-to-date on work or family.
- Pillow and blanket: You may not be able to sleep but pack your own pillow and blanket just in case.
- Documents: Pack your insurance card, birth plan, and any other important documents.
- Earbuds: You’ll need these. Consider rechargeable earbuds to avoid tangled wires.
- Approved Infant Car Seat
- Any medications you might need
- Some cash for vending machines
- Going home outfit for the baby
Other Items to Consider
In addition to the essential items listed above, there are a few other things you may want to consider packing in your hospital bag:
- A change of clothes for your partner: If your partner is giving birth, they'll probably need a change of clothes after the birth. Pack a few comfortable outfits for them.
- Food for your partner: If your partner is breastfeeding, they'll need to eat a healthy diet. Pack some snacks and drinks for them to keep their energy up.
Comfortable Shirts: https://activedoodiegear.com/collections/active-doodie-dad-gear-apparel
Patches for your Dad Diaper Bag:https://activedoodiegear.com/collections/active-doodie-patches
I hope this helps!
Check out some cool dad gear here Active Doodie® Dad Gear.